Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Out of touch

I know the pope died and that the Schiavo woman finally died. But aside from that I am woefully out of touch, delibrately so. I cancelled cable. I sometimes read Frank Rich's column in the NY Times, and an occasional book review, but that's about it. The rest is too depressing. NPR is no longer a trusted news source. Instead I'm rediscovering my old CDs, most of which I haven't listen to in ten years. Guess what. I still like them. I am getting my life in order so that when the time comes again to wage the good fight, I'll be ready.

In the meantime, I am lightening our load, so to speak. I took four bags of old clothes to Goodwill today. That's a total of fourteen bags, plus an armload of my husband's old suits. I am cleaninf out closets and cupboards like mad. We just have too much stuff. The rampant consumerism in this country is sickening.

No comments: