Thursday, September 23, 2004

Bush Out of Touch with Reality

President Bush told the U.N. that ''Freedom is finding a way in Iraq.'' Juan Cole explains what the situation in Iraq means in terms that we can all understand far better than I can. Please read this article.
What would America look like if it were in Iraq's current situation? The population of the US is over 11 times that of Iraq, so a lot of statistics would have to be multiplied by that number.

Thus, violence killed 300 Iraqis last week, the equivalent proportionately of 3,300 Americans. What if 3,300 Americans had died in car bombings, grenade and rocket attacks, machine gun spray, and aerial bombardment in the last week? That is a number greater than the deaths on September 11, and if America were Iraq, it would be an ongoing, weekly or monthly toll.
Please read the whole article. It is one of the best pieces I've read. I ask one more time, is Bush drinking again?

2 comments:

Tony Walton said...

http://the-business-of-war.blogspot.com/

A plea to fellow Americans...


I am making a plea to fellow Americans (present family excluded of course) to help me go git them damn evil-doin Iranians before they git us.

They are working on weapons of nuclear mass destruction and it is our duty as red blooded Americans to git Halliburton some more Government contracts.

Er.. I mean.. uh.. there seems to be a problem with my earpiece. Uh.. hold on a sec...

Ok. Got it. It's your duty to die for Iranian freedom. Thank you.

And as I leave you today please listen to the inspirational re-mix of "War"

War! HA! What it is a good for? Absolutely nuthin, but gettin me and mines rich! HA! Sing it again...

Haliburton! HA! Here's another contract. HA! Good for anutha five years.. YA! Sing it again...

American People! HA! You're all a bunch of sucka's. HA! Dying for my oil buddies HO! Did it to ya again... yyyeeeaahhh... ha ha!

Tony Walton said...

http://the-business-of-war.blogspot.com/

I'm your puppet


Is it common knowledge or is there only a few people that know Bush usually doesn't talk for himself in public addresses? Just a tidbit of information I wanted to jot down while I had it on my mind.

Just FYI, Bush has an earpiece that all his speeches are transmitted to him through. No biggie. News anchors and security guards and lots of presidents use earpieces. Well I'm not sure of presidents, but earpieces aren't uncommon. I think it would be totally funny if someone jammed his signal... lol.

But for all of you that thought he looks and sounds like an lost idiot when he gives speeches it's just that he's listening to his earpiece. That's why he talks in short spurts and has an unatural pace to his speeches.

Some of the places he has to pause to listen to the next line is funny, and what's even funnier is when he misunderstands what is transmitted. Just this week he said that the world would be better of if we "did" leave Iraq....lol.

Anyway, W. Bush is a great guy, and just cause he can't speak for himself doesn't have anything to do with his ability to run a nation.



posted by Tony Tyrone Walton at 9:07 AM